[Zope] subclassing across products?

Ingo Assenmacher ingo.assenmacher@post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 02:59:38 +0100 (MET)

Hi all!

I have developed a container ZClass. Within I created another ZClass which
presents a meta-class for file-uploads.
Now there is the case that I still want to upload diffenrent things and let
them be described by an extended meta-class object.
I have developed another product which uses services from the upload product.
There I intended to create an extended ZClass derived from the meta-class. But
unfortunately the BaseClass listview does not allow to select classes from my
other product!

This is what I have:

Product A
| class 1 (container for class 2 objects)
| class 2 (additional information objects)

and this is what i want:

Product B
| class 3 (subclass of class 2, additional properties)

There seems to be no way to subclass from class 2 here, is there?
Can this be done, and if, how?

Regards, Ingo