[Zope] ZClass issue

John E. Vincent john@lusis.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 00:31:49 -0500 (EST)

Okay I've been pouring over documentation for the past week and I just for
the life of me cannot figure this out. I had originally created a product
to do what I needed it to do but found a reference that ZClass might be
easier. Basically what I have is a ZClass that will allow a user to create
a template for thier site. The class allows them to upload 4 separate
images as well as give the site a title. Now what I want to do is be able
to call this ZClass via a link to it directly or or a link to a method
which itself calls the ZClass.

I've been reading the "Adding ZClass Instances Programmatically" doc for
about 3 hours and I'm about fried from it. There has to be something
obvious here. Basically I have a method that contains these 3 lines:

<dtml-with "manage_addProduct['TemplateCreation']">
  <dtml-call "templateCreate_addForm">
</dtml-with>

I realized it was actually getting to the form because the traceback
complained about not finding standard_html_header, which of course is a
part of that form. I went to templateCreate_addForm and changed the
standard header and footer lines to actual html. At this point I wasn't so
concerned about the fact that it couldn't find those. Now when I go to
view the method I get a blank page. Like I said before, I'm really missing
something simple here but I can't quite figure out what.

Any suggestions? I don't mind a good old RTFM, if you can point me to the
right FM ;)

 --
John E. Vincent
http://www.lusis.org - opensource(libre) webhosting