[Zope] An help for make a connection

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 04:38:38 -0500

From: Alessandra Pessolano [mailto:Alessandra_Pessolano@gidi.it]

> I work for an Italian factory "GD S.P.A".I have downloaded
> ZOracleDA v.2.1.0.
> Source of ZOracleDA v.2.1.0 is on
> "/usr/local/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA"
> Python is installed in /usr/local/Python-1.5.2
> Zope is installed in /usr/local/zope/2-1-2/
> Oracle is not installed on linux
> I would like to get data on my browser from another Unix box
> (where I have
> Oracle 8.0.5)
> trough this linux box.
> I have compiled   ZOracleDA with success.
> But now, I don't Know like I can make a connection on Zope.
> I have added, in a folder "HomeFolder", a DTML Method
> "connectionAdd.dtml", that
>  I took in
> /usr/local/lib/python/Products/ZOracleDA. But, when I  press
> Add, Zope error is
> the following:
<SNIP>

If you have compiled the ZOracleDA product successfully, you don't have
to do anything else to your Zope installation. To add a connection
object, click the Add list, and choose 'ZOracleDA' from the list. Zope
will take care of the rest.

The connectionAdd.dtml file is part of the ZOracleDA product, and loaded
into Zope for you when Zope starts up. It is not needed to add this by
hand. When you use the Add list, as I described, you will be presented
by a form that is taken from that particular file, but this is
transparent to you.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149