[Zope] GenericUserFolder Question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:28:01 -0500

At 02:49 PM 2/14/00 +1100, Stuart 'Zen' Bishop wrote:
>On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, R. David Murray wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, James W. Howe wrote:
> > > got the simple login screen.  I entered the values 'jorge' for the
> username
> > > and 'secret' for the password.  When I pressed Ok, I didn't see the
> > > index_html file for the folder, instead I got the login screen once
> > > again.  Can someone help me out with some ideas on what I might have
> done
> > > wrong (or not done at all?)
> >
> > I can't help, 'cause I need the same assistance you do.  I'm seeing
> > exactly the same thing. [...]
> >
> > So, what are James and I doing wrong?  We just followed the cookbook
> > for the simplest test case...
>
>Sounds like you havn't granted permission for user jorge to view the
>documents. Simple way to test this is to edit userRoles so that
>jorge is a member of the Manager role.

I must be missing a key thing.  I've created a normal folder for the
purposes of testing GUF.  Inside this folder I have a GUF called
acl_users.  I open the acl_users folder.  I click on the User List tab and
I get a message telling me that "there are no users defined".  If I edit
the userList DTMLMethod, I see that this method has two names, fred and
jorge.   If I edit userRoles, I see that if the userid is "jorge" the role
"specialrole" is answered, otherwise defaultrole is answered.  I added
"specialrole" as one of my roles and gave this role the ability to view
contents.  Still nothing.

I have a feeling there is some key concept or item that I'm not configuring
properly but I have yet to figure out what it is.  Can anyone provide any
clues as to what I'm missing?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html