[Zope] ZLogger under Windows NT?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:01:16 -0500

From: James W. Howe [mailto:jwh@allencreek.com]

> I'm trying to track down why things aren't working in my Zope/Python
> code.  The code I'm working with uses the ZLogger capability
> and has LOG
> commands sprinkled throughout.  However, I can't seem to
> figure out where
> this information actually gets sent.  I've read the
> LOGGING.TXT file (and
> the HowTo) and I still don't quite understand what I need to do for a
> Windows environment.  For example, if I just want to log
> information to a
> file what do I need to do?  I tried adding
> STUPID_FILE_LOGGER="var\Zope.log" and ZSYSLOG_SERVER="...:514" to my
> startup but I still get no log information and the Zope.log
> file does not
> exist on my system.  Can someone give me some more detailed
> information on
> how to get ZLogger to work under Windows NT?

STUPID_FILE_LOGGER is a typo. It should be STUPID_LOG_FILE. The
CHANGES.txt file is correct. Try using a UNIX style forward slash as
well, Python knows how to handle that.

ZSYSLOG_SERVER is not supported on WinNT I believe, unless you have a
syslog server runinng a UNIX box somewhere.

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149