[Zope] How to change view of all *.txt?

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 01:55:20 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Robb,
>
> Can you give some more info?  My first reaction is that it would make
> more sense to define new object types that hold the data (which hold
> their own methods to do stuff to the data).  But maybe this isn't
> realistic... what are you actually trying to do?

OK, concretely:  I've got a bunch of plain text files with ".txt"
extensions on the names in a folder.  A lot of them have formatting,
though, where the text runs off the side of the screen, because there's
no line breaks in the paragraphs.

What I want is to wrap long lines when a user views one of these files.

What I've got so far is:

* An external Python method that will reformat a text file to a
particular line length

So, I'm just wondering what the cleanest way to process these .txt files
on the fly.

Thanks,
Robb