[Zope] Broken products after transferring Data.fs file

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:19:37 -0700

"Brian K. Holdsworth" wrote:

> I have seen a number of threads that talk about products becoming broken in
> a Zope installation with no apparent cause.  I had a similar experience the
> other day.  I moved my Data.fs file, which included several third-party and
> custom made ZClass Products, from one server to another.  After moving the
> file, many of the ZClass Products were broken on the new server.
>
> In order to fix this, I ended up also moving the complete contents of my
> lib/python/Products directory tree from the old server to the new one.  This
> fixed everything.

This would be a Bad Thing(tm). Moving only the products you installed is
the better move. Zope does put in it's own products in that directory.
Things _may_ be broken do to a mismatched set of source files, since you
have part of one version, and part of another.

Just a guess.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.