[Zope] Re: . in Object ID (was Newbie dtml-var question (probably...))

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:20:01 +0100

on Wednesday, February 16, 2000 Chris Withers wrote :
>> How about renaming niplogo.gif to niplogo and trying it that way
>> (what you're trying to do when you do <dtml-var
>> "PARENTS[-1].project.images.Niplogo.gif"> is get the attribute '.gif'
>> from the object Niplogo). In other words, you need to get away from
>> using the extension....

CW> Unfortunately I have a hidden agenda here... While that would be fine for
CW> images, I was wondering about using this technique to solve my other problem:

if you desperately need the extensions, i think your only
way out is to use plain DTML instead of python expressions:

<dtml-with project>
<dtml-with images>
<dtml-var niplogo.gif>
</dtml-with>