[Zope] dtml-tree url-parameter question

Richard Wackerbarth rkw@dataplex.net
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:52:59 -0600

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Oliver Wrede wrote:
> ... hmm ... I just too dumm for these documentation ...
>
> I could not find an example of how to use the url-attribute in the
> dtml-tree-tag.
>
> I have a page which is called like this:
>
>    http://hostname/mypage?myVal=10
>
> Within that page I have a dtml-tree. When I try to expand the expansion-urls
> do not habe the "?myVal=10" parameter anymore.
>
> Whatever I put into the url-parameter of the tree-tag, does not seem to
> influence the expansion urls...

I think there may be some "scoping" problems in the implementation.
Unfortunately I haven't dug deep enough into the python code to track the
evaluation stack passing.

I'm using this code to try to track the sequence of things.
Each of the documents that I created simply outputs their "title_or_id".

With this, I get the expected sequence of tree +/-, entity, header, {children},
footer.

However, the references to "standard_html_footer" are messed up.
The first one gives myFooter, but the one inside the dtml-tree gives
the system footer even though it is within the same dtml-in scope.

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<h2><dtml-var title_or_id></h2>
<dtml-in expr="_.namespace(standard_html_header='', standard_html_footer='myFooter')">
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
<dtml-tree Library header=dHeader footer=dFooter leaves=dLeaves>
<dtml-var dEntity>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>
</dtml-tree>
</dtml-in>