[Zope] RAM session management

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:01:47 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Hung Jung Lu <hungjunglu@hotmail.com>
> I am thinking in implementing RAM session management.
> The picture I have is:
>
> (1) Implementing a mini TCP/IP server at a port in
>     an internal server machine. Most likely I'll
>     use Python.
>
> (2) The web server then talks to the session server
>     via TCP/IP.
>
> Does this scheme seem OK? (Security, performance,
> scalabilty, etc.)

It sounds like you'll be creating a lightweight alternative to SQL Session
management.  Consider for a moment that you might be able to get the
benefits you're looking for *and* SQL compatibility by just using Gadfly on
the remote machine.  Gadly runs completely in-memory, is written in Python,
etc.  If you go that way, you'll probably want to get the latest from
http://www.chordate.com rather than the one that comes with Zope.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool