[Zope] OOPS: [Zope] NEWBIE: DTML Appending string and passing in REQUEST?

Chip Vanek chip@upcast.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:52:44 -0800

Never mind!  Sorry for wasteing the disk space

I just stubbled across the syntax using my typical
trial & error & errorr approach.

If anyone is interested this is the resulting
 (very ugly and inefficient) code.

This climbs up the folder tree and creates two
lists.  One in forward order the other in reverse.
The reverse list is displayed as a navigator and
the forward list is converted to string and used
to query the catalog for items.  If anyone has
improvements ;)

Thanks anyway,

Chip

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('tkeysreverse', [])">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('tkeysforward', [])">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('Topic', '')">
<dtml-in PARENTS skip_unauthorized reverse>
  <dtml-unless sequence-start>
  <dtml-unless "id == 'PortalRoot' or id == 'Pub'">
      <dtml-with sequence-item>
        <dtml-call "tkeysreverse.insert(0, id)">
        <dtml-call "tkeysforward.append(id)">
           <dtml-var id></a>
      </dtml-with>
      <dtml-unless sequence-end>
         &nbsp;&gt;&nbsp;
      </dtml-unless>
  </dtml-unless>
  </dtml-unless>
</dtml-in>
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('Topic', _.string.join(tkeysforward))">