[Zope] how does dtml-if evaluate REQUEST variables?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:57:55 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Bruce Elrick wrote:

> > http://server/dtml.doc?entryid:int=0
> >

> As a slightly off-list-topic third-party followup, what html form would create
> the above URL if dhtml.doc was the action of that form?

<form action="dtml.doc">
<input name="entryid:int" value="0">
</form>

> I'm having a problem that all my REQUEST variables are treated as strings,
> even when they are single digits.  I would like to not have to coerce the
> variables in the destination DTML Method, but rather have the form set the
> type as above.

See http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/howto/FormVariableTypes

Note that the caveat is, although the action method doesn't have to wastetime
casting strings into their correct format, your users will see rather
ugly error screens if they enter bad data.

--
 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au