[Zope] dtml-in question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:57:36 -0500

At 09:36 AM 2/17/00 +0200, Marcus Collins wrote:
>The "nnn" in "count-nnn" is the name of the variable you want to count.
>
>So, if your ArchiveCatalog list contains variables named "foo" and "bar",
>then "count-foo" will return the number of non-missing (not null) "foo"
>values, and "count-bar" will return the number of non-missing "bar" values.
>
>You can find out more in section 8.3 of the DTML guide, which you can browse
>online at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/DTML-HTML/DTML.8.3.html
>
>hth,

Thanks for the tip.  I remember reading about count-nnn and thought at the
time that it was close to what I wanted, but it bothered me that it
returned a count of non-missing "foo" values.  I wanted to get the full
count.  It finally occurred to me that I could just do "count-id" to get
all of the objects because they all should have the id value.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103