[Zope] Re: Zope digest, Vol 1 #635 - 61 msgs

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff@goingv.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:02:52 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> Hmmm, I tried a couple of things:
>
>  1. Rename the STX_Document to 'index_stx', and then try various hacks
>     at to render it within a "generic" 'index_html' DTML Method:

[snip]

>  2. Make the STX_Document class "renderable":

[snip]

> I don't know whether to introduce the dependency on Lalo's product, but this
> workaround should solve your problem.

I posted a third alternative last night, under the subject
"StructuredDocument". Basically, I got a ZClass to render fine as
index_html by overloading its __call__ method in a Python base class.

The problem, as I understand it, is that Zope does not look for the
index_html of an object called index_html. It short circuits. So, you
can't rely on the index_html inside the ZClass being rendered, and must
return the results to the browser in another manner. One way is to use
Renderable ZClass, which I considered but did not try. The other is to
overload __call__, which I did and it seemed to work.

I don't have the time to implement this "correctly", now, unfortunately,
but will get to it in the future if no one else does by then.

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/