[Zope] user created folders and local owner role problem in 2.1.3

Cornelis J. de Brabander brabander@fsw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:01:54 +0100

Hi Tres,

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com>
Aan: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>; Cornelis J. de Brabander
<brabander@fsw.LeidenUniv.nl>
Datum: donderdag 17 februari 2000 19:29
Onderwerp: Re: [Zope] user created folders and local owner role problem in
2.1.3

[snip]

>At a guess, the folder that you clone has local roles attached?  I think
you
>would be best off to just force the ownership yourself after the clone:

Bull's eye.
But why? Is there any reasoning why the owner role can only be set on a
object when it has no other local roles. After all the the creator
conceptually stays the owner, whether the object has other local roles or
not.
Furthermore, is there a place where these changes are documented, for
without that simply upgrading within version 2.x.x becomes a hazardous
adventure.

>  <dtml-let username="AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName()">
>    <dtml-call "manage_setLocalRoles( username, [ 'Owner' ] )">
>  </dtml-let>

In the meantime I will follow your suggestion and thank you very much for
your helpful response.

cb