[Zope] User Authentication Question

James W. Howe jwh@allencreek.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:24:13 -0500

I have a folder which contains several objects, including subfolders.  Some
of the subfolders I have locked down so that only a manager can do anything
with them.   However, if I log in as a non-manager to the management
interface of the parent folder I these locked down folders appear in the
contents list.  It seems to me that if any object isn't visible to the
currently authenticated user, the object shouldn't be displayed in a
contents list.  Is this a bug, a feature, or a misunderstanding on my part
about how authentication and object visibility should work?

Thanks.

James W. Howe				mailto:jwh@allencreek.com
Allen Creek Software, Inc.		pgpkey: http://ic.net/~jwh/pgpkey.html
Ann Arbor, MI  48103