[Zope] [ANNOUNCEMENT] MySQLdb-0.1.2 now available

Andy Dustman adustman@comstar.net
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 11:09:18 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Sam Gendler wrote:

> There was a thread awhile back about having the DA return the value of
> the auto_increment fields (if available) as the result set to an insert
> query.  I suspect this is more in the code of the zope DA than the
> python adaptor, but if you know your way around the zope DA, perhaps you
> could create a patch.  I made a quick attempt a while back, and failed
> miserably.

Since the patched ZMySQLDA only uses _mysql (the C interface part used by
MySQLdb), you should be able to get the info you want from db.insert_id(),
where db is the database connection object. Note that this will return a
long integer. I don't know how you would incorporate this into ZMySQLDA,
however. (The above method now works on MySQLdb connection objects as
well, as of 0.1.2.)

--
andy dustman       |     programmer/analyst     |      comstar.net, inc.
telephone: 770.485.6025 / 706.549.7689 | icq: 32922760 | pgp: 0xc72f3f1d