[Zope] Bad..very bad

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:06:57 +1300 (NZDT)

John E . Vincent writes:
 > thing....(working with zope while I was too tired) but I've locked
 > myself out of a folder that has a GUF under it. Do I have any recourse
 > (other than delete the folder which hasa few dtml methods I would
 > rather not recreate) and start over? I've tried undo but I had already
 > packed my database. The  __no_before_traverse__ doesn't work with this
 > unfortunatly. Any tips? Or places to look for said tips?

I managed to do this twice recently (doh!) under a couple of different
circumstances. In the first case I had just one GUF as the base
acl_users folder which wasn't finished. I managed to get superuser
access again by:

 - Shutting down zope,
 - backing up the var/ directory with Data.fs under it and creating a
    fresh one,
 - starting up zope and logging into the management section.
 - shut down zope (but keep the browser session running)
 - swap back your old var directory and start up zope
 - move the offending acl_users folder to some subfolder.

It seems that your already established authorization for that domain
is enough to fool Zope into thinking that you are authorized to work
with the different copy of the database.

The second problem I had was that I couldn't access the folder that
I'd put the GUF under - this was because I hadn't recreated a new
standard acl_user folder under the root folder.

Hope this helps.

John.