[Zope] Max Length for 'text' property???

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:30:09 -0600

Jonathan Cheyne <jonathan@home-all.org.uk>

> Ouch! Just got bit by this thing ... created quite a few zclasses etc all
> looking good however I only subclassed Catalogaware and Renderable and not
> DtmlDocument because of sub cataloging problems I was having. Is this the
> problem - not having a suitable subclass to contain longer text entry? I
> have a text property called body that I was trying to use to contain any
> text content for tha instance ...
>
> I have a site to present tomorrow and am stumped - anybody have any ideas?
> Have I gone about this rather rashly?? I /need/ catalog aware and so don't
> want to use dtml document.
>
> Staring disaster in the face

I don't know exactly what the disaster is, but I have a ZClass, STX_Document,
which derives from CatalogAware (and potentially Renderable, see the README),
and which holds its text data in its own property, body_stx.  Works fine for me!

  http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/STX_Document

Maybe you could explain what is wrong with your ZClasses?  If the text is too
long for the browser's textarea widget, you can also use a file-upload to
populate it from your local hard drive (STX_Document illustrates file upload,
too).

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com