[Zope] Creating a "list of strings" from DTML-Method?

Soren Roug soren@roug.org
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:56:08 +0100

I'm working on a product where I want to create a property that is a
selection and allows you to select between a list of folders created in
the parent folder.

When you add a property in the property sheet the text directly
above says:

|For "selection" and "multiple selection" properties enter the name of
|a selection variable |in the "Value" field. The selection variable is
|a property or method that returns a list of strings from which the
|selection(s) can be chosen.

After fiddling around a bit I realized that the only methods that
qualify are Z SQL methods. That's not what I'm looking for. Does
anybody know how to do this with a DTML method or has anyone
subclassed the DTML method to a class that returns a list of strings
instead of rendering the text?

Soren Roug
European Environment Agency