[Zope] Calculations - more dumb questions.

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:43:40 +0000

I was reading earlier postings about 'variables' or the lack of them in
Zope and I went off and investigated Python Methods and External Methods
and I've got them working  ... but .. I can't figure out how to use them to
solve my problem ...

I have an SQL method and I've generated the form and results report using
the standard wizard - absolutely wonderful.

Let's say I have an input variable, called 'customer' on the form which is
passed to the SQL method. BUT I want to intercept that variable and do
something with it, let's keep it simple and say that I want to put the
string "CT" in front of what the user enters (I know that's trivial but for
the sake of argument).

I can write an External Method or Python Method which does the necessary
but it returns the string back to the calling object as text which is
displayed by the browser.

Can anyone tell me how to get that new string back into the variable
'customer'.

Please :-)

Richard Moon
richard@dcs.co.uk