[Zope] Missing ZClasses?

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:57:12 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Lucas Vogel wrote:

> I apologize for the blatant newbie question here, but I was following the
> documentation trying to create a ZClass, and unless I'm mistaken I don't
> have a ZClass in my list of objects to create. Is this a product that I have
> to download first? It doesn't sound right, but if it is where is it because
> it's not on the list?

Where are you trying to create the ZClass? The proper place is inside a
Product created from the Control Panel's product management section.

Go to Control Panel, select "Product Management", then click "Add", give
it an id of, say, "MyProduct". Now, click on "MyProduct", and then drop
down the factory list and select "ZClass".

You should be on your way. If this doesn't work, let me know.

> Also, I downloaded the ZPhotoAlbum-1.0 product to install into zope as well.
> I copied the .zexp file into my import directory, but it errors out when I
> try to import it. Is this because of my ZClass problem?

I don't know what's wrong with this. Perhaps there is a problem with your
ZClasses, or perhaps you haven't installed another product that PhotoAlbum
depends on (say, Photo? :-))

> Lucas Vogel, Software Developer

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/