[Zope] manage_exportObject

Daniel G. Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 17:54:06 -0600

All

Does anyone know how to export an object (Folder or such) from outside
of the Folder that contains the item to be exported without hard coding
the path. In otherwords I would like to be able to have a user interface
which would allow a person, with an export role, to be able to enter a
list of fully qualified Items to be exported.

Consider:

FolderA
	FolderB
		ItemToExport

I can export ItemToExport from FolderA by calling:

<dtml-with "FolderA.FolderB">
	<dtml-call "manage_exportObject(id='ItemToExport')">
</dtml-with>

but I don't want the FolderA.FolderB to be hard coded. I would like it
to be a var that I pass into the method. Something like:

<dtml-with FullPath>

what should the syntax be.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. since the id in the manage_exportObject argument list is a string,
I can handle making that a var instead of hardcoding the value:
ItemToBeExport.