[Zope] GenericUserFolder has locked me out.

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 15:08:29 +1100

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Curtis Maloney writes:
>  > Maybe I wasn't reading the docs closely enough,  but once I dropped that
>  > GenericUserFolder into my folder, that's it.  the end.
>
> RTFM. Especially with alternative acl_user products as it's trivial to
> lock yourself out if you replace the base level acl_users folder. This
> is particularly important with GUF as it takes a fair amount of work
> to get a usable system built out of it that will let you log in and do
> things.

You're telling me... never let this happen again....

It was only because, in fact, for some reason   <dtml-in
"FSSession.has_key('string')">  would SOMETIMES fek up, but dropping the "s
made it work, that i even considered GUF.

go figure...

>  > I can't get in, even as the superuser.  I can't FTP in.
Removing the GUF >  > product just stops IT from stopping me getting in, but it
seems to have dug its >  > claws into some other hooks, so I STILL can't get in.
>  >
>  > Ever tried removing an object from an export in XML?  I'm finding it a little
>  > tricky to follow.  Even so, when i try to import it again, Zope barfs up some
>  > complaint about a KeyError on "id".
>  >
>  > So... can anyone suggest how I might recover from this disaster?
>
> Here's what I suggested to the last unfortunate victim, based on by own dimwitted
> experiences :-)  Note that this may not work with Zope 2.1.4 (I did it
> on 2.1.2 and upgraded after that).
>
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-February/019389.html

John, thanks for the very prompt reply.... it's just a pity it doesn't work.

Just as before, whenever i try to enter the management screens of that
directory, i get shunted to the VIEW, no questions asked.