[Zope] changes not "sticking"

John Deighan deighan@vt.edu
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:02:42 -0500

At 04:12 PM 2/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I installed Zope on an NT Server machine - everything seemed to work OK.
>Then, from another computer running Internet Explorer, I logged on to the
>management interface to try to set up a new web site.
>I used the tree view in the left frame to navigate
>elsewhere, then to navigate back to the site I created, but the index_html
>file had its original, default contents!

Just a follow-on to this message. It turns out that the Zope database was
correctly updated when I made changes, but apparently when I "View" the
page, or navigate back to the "Edit" screen, my browser (IE 4.something on
Mac OS) was displaying a cached copy of the page. If I "Refresh" the frame,
the correct data is displayed. I haven't yet figured out if I can configure
the browser to prevent this. This problem, however, doesn't happen under IE
5.0 running on Windows NT.