[Zope] export Z_DEBUG_MODE=no -- broken?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:33:14 -0500

From: Tres Seaver [mailto:tseaver@palladion.com]
> Michael Hamilton <michael@actrix.gen.nz> asked:
> > which seems to be a way of switching off traceback dumps in
> the browser
> > window and have them wind up in an html comment instead.
> >
> > How do I enable this feature.  I tried setting Z_DEBUG_MODE
> to something
> > other that 1 or yes, but it doesn't seem to do anything.
> >
> > If I manually hack the above code to force debug_mode off,
> then it does
> > what I want.
>

> Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com> replied:
> >
> > Start Zope up with the -D switch. It'll take care of this.
>
> Actually, I think what Michael wants is to *remove* the "-D"
> from the start
> script (to force the traceback into the comment, instead of
> being displayed).

Whoops! Yes, if you are wondering why tracebacks still are being
displayed, you are probably still running with the -D flag in your start
file. Remove it and enjoy the clarity of your error messages. =)

--
Martijn Pieters, Software Engineer
http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149