[Zope] a whole lot of db related Q's

Raymund Ramos rayr@cats.ucsc.edu
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:23:50 -0800 (PST)

I installed python 1.5.2 with RPMs and installed
a Zope 2.1.2 source package.

However, I get this with databases I've done using
External Methods and shelve [which seems to make
bsd dbm files]:

Zope Error

Error Type: error
Error Value: db type could not be determined
-----
How do I fix this without recompiling whole packages?

So since that stuff doesn't work, I've moved to trying
to use ZSQL methods.

Given a ZSQL method viewbytitle, args: title (subject is a property)
with a query:
select *
from metadb
where title = <dtml-sqlvar title type=string> and subj like '%<dtml-var
subject>%'

Can I do something like
<dtml-let x=viewbytitle(title='WorldCat')>
<dtml-var "x.url">
</dtml-let>
?

Is this possible using DTML/ZSQLMethods or do I need
to do an External Method?

Last Q, does anyone know of good tools that will move
PC databases (FM Pro, dBase) into PostgreSQL easily?
I've been saving the databases in tab-delim format and then
using python scripts to import them into pgsql, with all
of the quoting problems.

thanks.

-ray