[Zope] manage_exportObject

Daniel G. Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:46:22 -0600

Now I'm getting desperate, this is the third posting. Any thoughts no
matter how far fetched would be overwhelmingly appreciated.

Does anyone know how to export an object (Folder or such) from outside
of the Folder that contains the item to be exported without hard coding
the path. In other words I would like to be able to have a user
interface
which would allow a person, with an export role, to be able to enter a
list of fully qualified Items to be exported.

Consider:

FolderA
        FolderB
                ItemToExport

I can export ItemToExport from FolderA by calling:

<dtml-with "FolderA.FolderB">
        <dtml-call "manage_exportObject(id='ItemToExport')">
</dtml-with>

but I don't want the FolderA.FolderB to be hard coded. I would like it
to be a var that I pass into the method. Something like:

<dtml-with FullPath>

what should the syntax be.

Thanks,