[Zope] one product 'breaks' other products?

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:04:29 +0000

Lucas Vogel wrote:
> How do I fix 'broken' products? I installed the GUF and UserDb and now
> my Sybase, Photo, SessionManager, and Wampum objects are broken! What
> broke them and how do I fix it?

Not answering Lucas's problem but thinking about
general solutions to preventing it ...

What are the different ways that a product could
break other stuff.  Presumably by overwriting
when untarring is one.  What are the others?
Could a product provide methods that override existing
methods or is that not possible? (I said I was newbie'ish with zope).

Andy
Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738