Junio Hamano junio@twinsun.com
25 Feb 2000 10:27:58 -0800

LS> It's Zope. If it doesn't know the content-type, it guesses by scanning the
LS> doc. XML looks like HTML to this simple scanner. Either you explicitly set
LS> the content-type in RESPONSE, or there's some kind of junk you can put at
LS> the top of the doc that will tip off the scanner.

I have the following code in standard_html_header to force the
content type explicitly, and

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('content-type', 'text/html')">

when a GET request comes to the URL, the content-type header in
the HTTP response appears correctly.  However, when a HEAD
request comes, the response always appears as
application/octet-stream.  Does anybody know how to correct
this?

Curiously, www.zope.org:80 has the same problem.

    unix 100$ telnet www.zope.org 80
    Trying 209.67.167.55...