[Zope] ODBC/SQL newbie question

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:17:45 -0600

After you have installed the ODBC Database Adapter product you need to define at least one (1) ODBC connection.

Select Z ODBC Database Connection from the dropdown list of available objects and then select a system dsn you have previously
created under the ODBC section in the Control Panel of the NT machine Zope is running on. Next add your username and password to the
database connection string. The database connection string should now look like this (without the quotes): "dsnname username
password".

You should now be able to create Z SQL methods.

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database/Web Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Source Code, No Royalties, Any CPU...It just make sense !

Then you can create Z SQL methods