[Zope] Blocking download of files...

Richard Wackerbarth rkw@dataplex.net
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:34:09 -0600

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Juri Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to block the abillity to download objects of
> type file (e.g. right-clicking on a file and choose "Save Link as...")?
>
> I'm asking because I have a site with PDF-files, which I want the users to
> read through their webbrowser (via the PDF-plugin), but not to download.

Fundamentally, no. You have no control of my "browser". If you let we read
the file in order to display it, you cannot keep me from storing that as a
file. In fact, most browsers do store it in a file in their cache. It's very
easy to "rob the cache" on most machines.
--
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@Dataplex.NET