[Zope] Sybase DA problems! Need help!!

Brian Takashi Hooper brian@garage.co.jp
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:38:20 +0900

Hi there jiva,

Do you have LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to where Sybase's library lives
(probably, /opt/sybase/lib or something like that?)  You should probably
add export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to your Zope start batch file, or alternately
to the environment of whatever user is going to run Zope.

Another thing to try is to check that you can connect normally through
isql to Sybase... this is to make sure that it's not just that the
machine can't itself connect.  The next thing after that is to test the
DA in the absence of Zope - I usually just import sy_occ at the Python
interpreter and, with db.py as a reference, mimic the calls that the DA
would be making to connect to Sybase.

Some ideas, anyways - good luck!

--Brian