[Zope] Re: Re: export Z_DEBUG_MODE=no -- broken?

Andrey V Khavryutchenko akhavr@compchem.kiev.ua
27 Feb 2000 01:20:45 +0200

Hi, Martijn!

 From> Martijn Pieters [mailto:mj@digicool.com]
 >> Indeed, this is caused by the fact you closed STDOUT and STDERR on the
 >> process.

I would expect not to have this error when both stdout and stderr are
redirected to file.

 >> In stead of the -D, you can start Zope up with
 >>
 >> z2.py [options] Z_DEBUG_MODE=1
 >>
 >> where [options] is your current list of options used minus the -D flag.
 >> Zope then will behave demonic again (run nohup) and you'll only miss
 >> out on extra log messages from ZServer.

 MP> Harumph. I should've checked better before sending. ZDaemon will _not_
 MP> fork when it encounters the Z_DEBUG_MODE flag set.

 MP> However, setting the BOBO_DEBUG_MODE flag to 1 will work. Internally,
 MP> BOBO_DEBUG_MODE is the old name for Z_DEBUG_MODE, and it still works
 MP> as well. However, the newer fork and watchdog daemon will not look for
 MP> it.  Also, the log will not be echoed to STDERR (which it would in all
 MP> cases with Z_DEBUG_MODE set).

Okay, that helps

Thanks!

 MP> Tracebacks in error messages will be wrapped in <PRE></PRE>, not <!--
 MP> -->

Exactly what I was looking for.

--
SY, Andrey V Khavryutchenko  http://www.kbi.kiev.ua/~akhavr
Software & SPI Engineer      Visit my site

Shick's Law:
	There is no problem a good miracle can't solve.