[Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 16:53:46 +0100

I am glad that this is solved. I ponder at the case-sensitivity though.
Maybe Python doesn't detect the OS properly? I am not fully sure as to how
Python decides when to ignore case, but it is clearly broken on your Win2k
install. Also, the lack of error messages was very vexing and confusing.

This combination may lead to more problems. The case-sensitivity could crop
up elsewhere, and fail silently again, thus breaking other parts of Zope, or
Zope Products. You may want to contact some Python mongers about this,
altough I am not immediatly sure as to who. Maybe you should check out the
python.org webpage for some hints and links.

I have seen this same problem with pythonwin (Win95, NT) at times as well. I
believe it was introduced one time on purpose. Does anyone remember why and
how?

Rik