[Zope] Fourth request for help - Win2K+Zope

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:56:08 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Martijn Pieters wrote:

> I am glad that this is solved. I ponder at the case-sensitivity though.
> Maybe Python doesn't detect the OS properly? I am not fully sure as to how
> Python decides when to ignore case, but it is clearly broken on your Win2k
> install. Also, the lack of error messages was very vexing and confusing.

This is discussed partially in Guido's essay on the Python Package
mechanism. This is why you must specify the __all__ symbol in a package's
__init__.py if you want it to behave well in a cross-platform situation.

At least, that's my take on it. ;-)

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/