[Zope] Re: Zope Documentation Plan

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 14:49:19 -0500

> Re: Zope Documentation Plan :  two words......great news !!
>
> A minor suggestion .... docs for contributed
> products...having used many
> of the user-contributed products, I have encountered variable
> quality of
> docs (i.e. "ranging from here it is, you're on your own now" to some
> very nice docs). Maybe a set of guidelines or a template for docs for
> user-contributed products would also be useful.

This is a great idea. In fact the online help system that is currently
in CVS and will be released in Zope 2.2 has support for authors of
contributed products. They can use the help system to provide context
sensitive help and general documentation for their products. However, I
need to do more work to provide good examples for product authors.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com