[Zope] Options for handling concurrency?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 14:33:10 +0000

At 1:00 am -0500 29/2/00, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>From: Michel Pelletier [mailto:michel@digicool.com]
>>  Tony McDonald wrote:
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > It's MySQL, but using the latest DA - I'm pretty sure I'm doing more
>>  > than one query at a time as I set off a ZSQL query that takes 9
>>  > seconds from the MySQL command line, and then started to use aspects
>>  > of the site that I *know* use MySQL lookups. BTW, the 9 second SQL
>>  > query isn't used in the site! :)
>>  >

>>  Oh one more thing, I'm pretty certain that the MySQL DA serializes ALL
>>  requests because the MySQL library for python is not thread-safe.
>>

>Not Andy Dustmans MySQL DA. CodeCatalog.com is ver very fast, and it
>uses Andy's MySQL DA. Python wrote his own python libraries,
>specifically to make MySQL access thread safe.

It's Andys' MySQL DA I'm using, and it appears to be allowing me to
make thread safe accesses to MySQL,
tone
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2