[Zope] Should I go with Zope?

Eric Walstad ewalstad@yahoo.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:33:33 -0800 (PST)

I've been trying out Zope on CodeIt's free 2 week
trial and my trial is about over.  I have no
experience with Zope prior to this trial account.  I
went through the Zope Content Manager's tutorials and
have tried to research it thoroughly.

We are starting a new web application
project and are looking for a stable, scalable
platform that will be around and popular/supported for
a long time. However, my business partner has brought
up some really good questions about our becoming
Zope-centric. These are questions that I don't have
answers for and was hoping that some of you might be
able to
answer.

1. It appears that Zope offers little or no support
for more tried and true technologies such as Perl and
basic CGI. Is this the case? How does one interface
with our existing Perl and C++ CGI's?

2. With no basic HTML back up, what if Zope goes
down?

3. What is the limit of traffic Zope can serve at
once? Can users access the applications reliably,
repeatedly?

As our 2 week free trial is coming to an end, we need
to make a decision about whether to stick with Zope or
go with a more universally accepted technology. If
you would, please let me know what you think about
these issues.

Thanks!!