[Zope] streamed output and the removal content-length header

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 11:21:19 -0800

i'm confused on the implementation of ZPublisher's HTTPResponse object.

I am currently using the HTTPReponse's write method to return data from
the Zope server to the client browser as opposed to returning a string
at the end of my published method.

Streamed output using HTTPResponse.write works fine when using Netscape,
but fails in Internet Explorer.  I've tracked the problem down to the
fact that Netscape doesn't mind receiving a "content-length" header of
0, whereas unforgiving Explorer flat out fails.

I tried to workaround this by supplying the content-length, but to no
avail.  My content-length header is removed (this is done in
HTTPReponse's write method) and the content-length returned is still 0.

Why is the content-length header removed?  Is there a way to get
streamed output working under Internet Explorer?