[Zope] Creating a List from a SQLMethod

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 04:34:28 -0800

Hi,

I've got a page that displays a <select> list based on the return values
from a SQLMethod. It works exactly as expected.

I have now determined a need to display the exact same <select> multiple
times on the same page.

The original code to build the select list looks something like this:

<select name="Category">
	<option>(None)
	<dtml-in CategorySelectQuery start=query_start>
		<option><dtml-var category>
	</dtml-in>
</select>

I thought I could do something like the following:
<select name="Category">
	<option>(None)
	<dtml-in CategorySelectQuery start=query_start>
		<option><dtml-var category>
		<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('catlist:list', category)">
	</dtml-in>
</select>

And then later on the page do this

<select name="category">
	<dtml-in catlist>
		<option><dtml-var "_['sequence-item']">
	</dtml-in>
</select>

Unfortunately Zope returns a Key error on catlist.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630