[Zope] Session Management

Tue, 04 Jan 2000 14:18:56 +1100

>>> Pavlos Christoforou wrote
> Right now a call to "FSSession.clear()" will nuke the data, but for
> compatibility with Anthony's SQLSession I will add the _force_new_session
> option. BTW why should someone want to change the Session ID?

Say you've got a site which stores user preferences and the like, and
stores the user's session id in a cookie. When someone uses the same
computer, and goes to the web site, they'll see something like

<P>Welcome, <dtml-var "SESSION['name']"> (if you are not
<dtml-var "SESSION['name']">,

This allows you to easily refresh the user's session.

This is also useful if you allow a user to reattach to a session
from a different PC.

Anthony, who still needs to write up a bunch of use cases for sessions.