[Zope] Storing objects with SQLSession

Wed, 05 Jan 2000 01:45:36 +1100

>>> Pavlos Christoforou wrote
> As far as I remember SQLSession pickles all cookies so you can store
> nearly any arbitrary python object, including instances. FSSession
> marshals data which is faster than pickle but it cannot store complex
> objects.

SQLSession stores base64 encoded pickles of whatever you store in it,
yes.

Is cpickle that much slower than marshal? I thought they were close in
speed?

hm - another toggle for the standardised session API, maybe? marshal
vs pickle? The other storage type I've thought about is zope style
marshalling, eg foo:int = "2", fred:list=["a", "b", "c"] - this would
be rather slow (particularly to unpack) but would allow human inspection
of the data in it's encoded form.

Anthony