[Zope] IE 4/5 error

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Tue, 04 Jan 2000 12:16:40 -0800

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> Please keep copying the Zope list. I may not always be able to answer,
> and others might want to learna bout this or have insights of their own.

Sorry, I must have replied to the personal copy of your message, not the
list copy!

> In your case, it would be better and more readable if you made all the
> different buttons into individual form objects, each with their own
> action attribute. You are not trying to send the contents of one form to
> different Zope object methods depending on what action the user
> performed.
>
> You HTML would look something like this:

>   <form method="POST" action="Tickets/TicketForm">
>   <input type="submit" value="Scale Entry"></form>

This is good information to have thank you.

But in instances like a DB query form where you might use the same form
to perform a search, or a record update or add a new record, it is
acceptable form to use the :method method?

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Chief Technology Officer              tjg@exceptionalminds.com
Red Hat Certified Engineer            www.exceptionalminds.com
Avalon Technology Group, Inc.                   (503) 246-3630