[Zope] Zope for a article publication site

Eric BARROCA eric@netsystems.fr
06 Jan 2000 02:33:29 +0100

Hello,

I'm working on a project for a client : I must build a big website for article
publication. It's mean that each journalist who have an account can
published his paper on the site, filling a form. Several "design" for the
article must be supported and my client want to be able to add easily
other article template. That's only a little description of the project,
but it's enough to have an idea, I think.

First, I though do that with PHP3+PostgreSQL, but I discovered Zope (in
linuxweekly's paper) and I think that Zope is more adapted for my needs.
I'm testing zope since about 2 weeks, and I begin to understand it pretty
well, but I've some questions that I can't understand alone and that don't
appear in the doc (I've found something in the ML's archive, but not exactly
what I'm looking for) : What way must I choose for designing/storing the
templates and the articles ?
For storing the article, I don't know what is the best : a ZClasse
"article" + ZODB or records in PostgreSQL, knowing that the articles are
classed into categories.
For the article template, I've found a solution, I think : storing all
article's templates (that are DTML methods with some <dtml-var xxx>) in a
folder and listing them with a <dtml-in>. Is a good solution ? What do you
suggest ?

I hope I'll ne able to email you that a new site use Zope, and not have too
borrying you with these newbies questions :)

Best Regards,

Éric.

--
Éric BARROCA               | Logiciels Libres, Conception Intranet/Extranet,
E-Mail: eric@netsystems.fr | Sites Web dynamiques, Commerce électronique,