[Zope] How do I index documents containing accents with ZCatalog?

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 14:50:03 +0100

Hi Farzad,
This looks serious, I am going to try this with Swedish characters
to see if there is a problem for those too. As soon as I have the time.

I suppose all your accent characters belong to ISO-8859-1?

As I understand it Python in it self is capable to handle ISO 8859-1,
but I have experience problems with Zope handling ISO 8859-1 correctly.

This need to be fixed before Zope can be used seriously in on any European
web sites.

You might want to pop your question to the ZIP projects mailing list.
(ZIP - Zope internationalization Project)

Best regards,
Johan Carlsson