[Zope] importFromURL not working?

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 23:56:56 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I feel like I'm spamming the list, but I'm just about ready to roll out
my brand-new, shiny, Zopified Web site for my school. A couple students
and I have been working hard, and this is the last thing on our "To-Do"
list before saving our version and sitting back to enjoy the "oohs" and
"ahhs" that will undoubtedly come. :-)

I'm using Edd's SiteSummary product to import news to our site. So far, so
good. It seems to work like a champ. I've created a shellscript to update
the news periodically via cron. The script looks like:

#!/bin/sh
lynx -source http://localhost/headlines/freshmeat.net/importFromURL?url=\
http://freshmeat.net/backend/fm.rdf
lynx -source http://localhost/headlines/xmlhack.com/importFromURL?url=\
http://xmlhack.com/rss.php
lynx -source http://localhost/headlines/Zope.org/importFromURL?url=\
http://www.zope.org/SiteIndex/news.rss

Now I'm trying to get some news from Moreover.com, but the import fails.
I'm wondering if it has to do with the filename of the XML source (I'm
getting desparate). Does anyone know of a reason that importFromURL would
choke on a URL like
http://www.moreover.com/cgi-local/page?index_environment+rss

I know the file itself isn't the problem because I saved it to a local
disk with a different name and it imported fine. Ideas?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/