[Zope] Zope and Apache: root of ZODB reference problem?

menezes@curiango.ipen.br menezes@curiango.ipen.br
Fri, 07 Jan 2000 08:22:30 -0200

Quoting Darran Edmundson <dee124@rsphy1.anu.edu.au>:

> Hi Zopesters,
>
> We have a problem with our Zope under Apache installation.
> Namely, the rename|cut|copy|delete|export buttons do not work
> for checkbox selections in the root of the ZODB.
>
>     [check any item in the root, ie. "standard_html_header"]
>     [hit any of the above-named buttons, ie. "rename"]
>
>     Not Found
>     The requested URL /optics was not found on this server.
>
> The problem seems to be a missing terminal slash in the
> URL generated by the management interface web pages.  That
> is, on our system Apache requires URLs of the form
> http://our.ip.address/optics/ to find the Zope cgi script.
> The rewrite rule for our installation is:
>
>     RewriteRule ^/optics/(.*) /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/$1
>     [e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

Hi,

	I had this same problem here. I solved it with an additional rule
before the above. In my case is something like:

RewriteRule ^/Zope$ /Zope/   <--- fix missing ending slash
RewriteRule ^/zope$ /Zope/  [R]    <-- fix lower case url (rewriting it)
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)
RewriteRule ^/Zope/(.*) /usr/lib/cgi-bin/Zope/$1 \
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]

	BTW, I'm using Zope and Apache from Debian/GNU Linux, potato version.
        HTH.

[]s,
Mario