[Zope] Zope and Data Entry

darryl@igor.penguinpowered.com darryl@igor.penguinpowered.com
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:09:33 -0800 (PST)

I am designing a site which will be used for a lot of data entry. I have
zope 2.1.2 and mysql talking nicely. Now my problem is design.

I want the user to be able to fill in a form using some HTML select
fields, these fields should then be translated into their respective item
IDs for input into my table. So even though the user chooses:

 cat dog mouse

the sql final method should be:

 insert into table animals (cID, dID, mID) values (12, 14, 18)

In a CGI, I would use a python dictionary or perl hash to translate the
keys into their values before makeing. But I'm a little stumped with zope?
Should I handle this with an external method or can I do it with straight
sql methods and built-ins?