[Zope] Help with PIL / Photo product

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 17:59:28 -0500

While I've never used the Photo product, I imagine it treats PIL as a
Python package.  I hope it does, anyway.

Try the following:  copy the PIL directory that includes __init__.py
(not the py152 directory, just the PIL directory) into
$ZOPEHOME/lib/python/Products/OFS.  Restart Zope.  Forget about PIL.pth.

If this works, know that this isn't the best way to do this, a preferred
method would be adding a new path pointing to a directory that contains
PIL (other than OFS) to your PYTHONPATH environment variable.  I just
can't remember how to set environment variables in Win32!  Now *THAT's*
sad.